We believe in the fundamental principal of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ according to 1Cor 15:1 – 4.
We are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16)
General Statement of Faith:
The foundation of our faith according to scripture, states:
Therefore, leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. (Heb 6:1- 2)
Repentance from dead works
We believe that all who repent of their sins and receive Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God. (Joh 1:12)
• We believe that everyone needs to be born again of the water and the Spirit (John 3:5) to enter the Kingdom of God
• To be born again is a complete, immediate once-off work of God where He takes the old man out and creates a new man, completely made righteous and holy through the working of God’s Spirit.
• You can only be saved through faith and total surrender to Jesus Christ; God and Lord of all, the only Way to salvation, the Truth and the Life.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb 11:6)
Faith towards God:
• We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original writings as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life. (2Tim 3:16)
• We believe the New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament. The promises and prophesies in the Old Testament about Jesus Christ’s coming and salvation, redemption, and the new life that He came to bring for all who believe in Him, are fulfilled in and through Jesus.
• We believe in one God who revealed Himself as the:
o Father in creation.
o Son in salvation and redemption,
o Holy Spirit in the Church dispensation.
• We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
• He has revealed His Holy Name to us through the Scriptures as well as His Salvation Name: Jesus – (Acts 4:12)
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures and all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
• We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ on the 3rd day, His ascension into Heaven, from where He will return to establish His Kingdom finally on earth.
Resurrection of the dead:
We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
• We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, to gather His children and to judge all people according to their works.
• We believe that the Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of the new birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation. (Rom 12:1 – 2; 2 Cor 7:1; 1 Pet 1:16)
• We believe that God is both love and holy and hates sin. Both these attributes exist within God’s character. We consider the Biblical teaching and especially the New Testament perspective on what sin is as normative.
We believe that All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2Ti 3:16-17 KJV)
IT LEADS TO SALVATION
We therefor belief that the Bible (Old and New Testament with canonical books) contains everything that is required to understand the full message of salvation,
IT STANDS IN AUTHORITY
No other writings are required to justify the Bible, but other writings can only be justified by the Holy Scriptures,
IT LEADS TO DEEPER UNDERSTANDING
The Bible contains all elements that will lead to full justification, righteousness, faith and a deeper understanding of the God as He has revealed himself to mankind.
Other Faith Matters:
We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin which is death physically and spiritually; that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgressions involving personal guilt.
The congregation (ecclesia) of Christ is not a human-made organisation, but the fellowship of the believers. They are the Body of Christ of which he Himself is the Head.
We believe that the true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this concept of the Church spiritual and therefore, that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of church membership.
We believe that God created man with a free will and reject the notion that people’s lives and fate are determined beforehand (fatalism). The reason for this is that God wants to engage in a reciprocal, intimate love-relationship with every human being. Man can resist God’s love and fall from grace. Election points to the plan of salvation in Christ wherein man takes part through faith. It does not point to pre-elected individuals.
With regards to sexual behaviour, we believe in heterosexual relationships between a natural born man and a natural born woman within the confines of lawful matrimony.